The Embers have become one of Tasmania’s most sort after live bands attracting a diverse crowd at festivals and venues alike.
Their sound embeds elements of reggae, blues and funk. This combination along with a high energy live show has seen them selected to play many a festival stage, including playing Falls Festival Tasmania 4 times during it 10-year history.
The bands’ wide appeal has also opened doors for The Embers to support some amazing international and national acts such as The Violent Femmes, Ash Grunwald, Bomba, The Red Eyes, Lior, Faker, True Live, The Whitlams and The Custom kings.
Early 2014 The Embers recorded a full-length album with Nicky Bomba as producer (Bomba, John Butler Trio, Bustamento & Melbourne Ska Orchestra) and sound engineer Robin Mai (John Butler Trio, Augie March & The Cruel Sea). The debut album Bright was released nationally in March 2015 and followed up with a national tour taking in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
• Cygnet Folk Festival 2017
• Royal Eve 2017
• Party In The Paddock 2016
• The Basin Concert 2016
• Esk Beer Fest 2016
• Festivale 2016
• National Tour 2015
• Spiegel Tent 2014
• Jackeys Marsh Forest Festival 2014
• Party In The Paddock 2013 & 2014
• Junction Arts Festival 2012 & 2013
• Cygnet Folk Festival 2007 & 2013
• BOFA Film Festival 2012
• Falls Festival Marion Bay 2006, 2007, 2009 & 2012
• Awarded Amplified Tas Music awards best Roots and best Funk/Jazz/Soul band 2008
• Selected as Next Crop Artists By Triple J 2007
• Winning National Band Competition 2006
1. Michael Attard- Vox & Guitar
2. Miles Bender - Keys
3. Katy Humphries- Electric Violin & Sax
4. Kilty Salter - Bass
5. Jai Larkman- Drums
|Influences||Michael Franti, Red Hot Chily Peppers, Dave Mathews Band & Fat Freddy's Drop|
|Links||www.facebook.com/embermembers www.soundcloud.com/mbrs-1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjfbuWrc6hA www.triplejunearthed.com/artist/embers|
|Location||Launceston, TAS Australia|
No results found.