|Starts||Saturday, 17 June 2017 @ 7:30pm|
|Finishes||Saturday, 17 June 2017 @ 11:00pm|
|Genres||Blues, Rock, Roots, Soul|
“Rise Above, a cracking slab of psyche-blues.”
– SAMUEL J FELL. RHYTHMS MAGAZINE
‘The Chiefs’ are taking a quality -vs- quanitity approach this year focusing on festivals and music specific venues across Australia, Europe and Canada. They will be hitting the Music FEEDS studio in May to start recording their fourth studio album.
The Urban Chiefs recorded their third studio album at Damien Gerard Studios Balmain at the end of 2013. Returning to work with industry veteran engineer/producer Russel Pilling (The Church, Hoodoo Gurus, The Vines) for a second time, Blake and Glendon have established their identity and found their voice, with this new record, ‘Rise Above’. This is a musician’s album and the musicians are technicians, craftsman with their instruments. The first single ‘The Game’ was released digitally through MGM Distribution. ‘Rise Above’ was released at the Adelaide Fringe in February 2014.
"Mix Woodstock era psychedelia with slide guitar fiery enough to weld a car axle, The Urabn Chiefs are heavyweights in a genre of music that often lack that fire in the belly instinct. Keep the fire extinguishers handy when these guys play!"
- CJ PLAIN, Firebrand Rock Radio Detroit USA
No strangers to the road and with over 400 shows under their belt since 2010. 2012/13 saw them hit the road on a six month long national tour, promoting their first record City of Light, recorded in 2012. After clocking up over 30,000km’s and covering six states the boys were invited to play the 2013 Bluesfest busking stage in Byron Bay, wowing the well seasoned audience with their energy packed show.
* 2014 - Single ‘Gotta Rise’ Aired on Triple J’s Roots ‘n’ All show
* 2014 - Film Clip for 'Gotta Rise' Aired on Rage
* 2014 – Single ‘Shot Glass Blues’ Aired on Double J by Miff Warhurst
* 2013 - Top 5 Blues and Roots Artists at the Australian Independent Music Awards
* 2013 - latest single, Shot Glass Blues, added to ABC Dig Music playlist
* 2012 - City of Light debuted at #18 on the Australian Blues & Roots Airplay Charts
* 2010-2012- several entries in the Top 10 charts on triple j unearthed (national & roots charts)